Phinney Bischoff is a brand and creative strategy firm with a 38 year track record, noteworthy clients and an enviable reputation. How do we do it? By hiring great people who are passionate about great work—and we’re looking to grow our team.
You’ll enjoy an energetic small agency atmosphere where everyone’s a grown up, passionate about People First Design and where collaboration is part of the firm’s DNA. You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact with growing businesses and be valued by amazing clients.
Why we’ll love you: At your core, you care. You care about your work, your clients, and your teammates. You have the ability to think strategically and conceptually but are also detail oriented. You love the challenge of working with a new client and turning a project into a lasting partnership. You are someone who enjoys being challenged and challenging others.
We are currently searching for an amazing Brand Strategist. This person will help lead our Strategy offering alongside our other Senior team members and will play a key role at our agency. You’ll be instrumental in helping us deliver great work that people want to engage with.
Below we have outlined some position objectives and responsibilities; this is just a sampling of the many things involved with this key position. Each staff member brings such unique qualities it would be impossible to list everything you might do in just one day. If you are interested please send your resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting with you.
- Produce strategy deliverables that ensure Phinney Bischoff is positioned as a leading provider of Brand Strategy + Design services in the Pacific Northwest.
- Develop and strengthen Phinney Bischoff’s clients’ brands through the effective development, management and execution of brand strategy engagements.
- Steward Phinney Bischoff’s brand.
- Work with our team to help build and manage a thriving strategy practice.
- The continuous development and implementation of the firm’s brand strategy discipline.
- Leading the development of clear and effective brand strategies for clients.
- Lead focus groups as well as one-on-one stakeholder interviews and customer intercepts as needed.
- Design and manage online surveys and other quantitative studies. Have the ability to analyze and synthesize findings to serve up to clients in a meaningful way.
- Work with Marketing Director & Account Director to create strong proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Be part of the client pitch team and present PB capabilities to large groups.
- Create Strategy decks in Keynote and InDesign for client presentations.
- Ability to craft brand platforms, client mission statements, brand narratives and creative briefs as well as thought leadership pieces.
- Have the ability to lead C-level clients through the branding process.
- Oversee client engagements through the brand strategy process, in coordination with other strategists and account managers, including; strategy development, presentations, client development, writing, etc.
- Collaborate with project partners, including research firms, ad agencies, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters level degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Five or more years experience within a brand strategy/design/digital agency.
- Five or more years experience with qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Strong writing, oral and presentation skills.
- Well-versed in marketing principles and strategies.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with business software applications (word processing, databases, spreadsheets), especially MS Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong collaborator and communicator, with both internal and external teams.
Salary plus incentives and benefits.